Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reprieve

The is the perfect type of dessert for me, because I am not a fan of really sweet stuff. This is also a great dessert to bring to parties, get togethers, etc. It makes a big portion and EVERYBODY loves it! My M-I-L requests that I make it every year.

This is a 4-layer dessert that consists of the crust, 2 fillings, and topping.

Crust:
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (your choice...I think I like the walnuts better)
1 stick butter
1 cup flour

Filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup coolwhip
1 pack of softened cream cheese

2nd filling:
1 pack chocolate jello-pudding mix
2 cups cold milk

Topping: Remainder of cool whip

Mix ingredients for the crust and spread evenly in your 13x9 pan with your hands. It will spread a little thin in some places, which is fine. It doesn't have to be perfect. Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until it's golden brown. Let crust cool. Mix your first filling and apply a layer to the cool crust. Mix your 2nd filling, apply a layer, then apply the rest of the cool whip for your topping.
Refrigerate over night for the best results. If you don't have that kind of time, just make sure it's in the fridge for a least an hour or two to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment