Monday, March 16, 2009

Taco Soup

I made this for the first time last week and it was DELICIOUS! My husband and I loved it. I changed up the original recipe just a bit. This is a super easy, no-fuss dinner and it makes plenty! Perfect for a party/get together. Just throw it in the crock pot and let it simmer all day. (about 8 hours)

-1 pound ground beef
-1 onion, chopped
-1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
-1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
-1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
-1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
-2 cups water (I added one extra cup of water)
-2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes (I only used one can and I used the big chunky ones)
-1 can mild Ro-tel peppers
-1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
-1 pack hidden valley ranch mix (dry)
Put everything in a crock pot, stir, and let simmer on low for 8-10 hours. That's it! It's that easy!

3 comments:

  1. We like this one too! WW isn't so bad, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm taco soup that sounds kind of odd but if u said it tastes good I'll give it a try lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome!!! Especially on a chilly night! Yummy! It's the next best thing to chili! Trust me! You HAVE to try this one!

    ReplyDelete